Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Knight is officially ready for adoption... YAY!



Hey there, my name is Knight! My Mama calls me Knightacus most of the time, because she says it makes me sound like a warrior. You see, until now my short life has been nothing but an uphill battle. I'm about 14 months old, but the first 10 months of my life were nothing but miserable. When I first came to my foster home I had no hair, was pretty stinky, and had never been to a vet before. I had what is called demodectic mange, but thanks to some wonderful vet care, strong medicines, and lots of love I'm a healthy boy who is ready to start a new chapter in life! I've been given a clean bill of health from the vets and am so excited to find a family of my very own.

I've been told that I'm a mix between Boston Terrier and Jack Russell Terrier, whatever that means. I just think I'm cute because that's what everyone tells me. I live with two Boxer boys and a Boston Terrier girl, they taught me how to play like a real dog and what it's like to be loved and cherished just like I deserve. I really enjoy playing with other dogs as long as they're nice to me, have plenty of energy, and will let me be the boss. I love playing with my foster brothers and sister, I wear them all out and still have energy left over! I like ropes, balls, stuffies, and anything that squeaks, but I don't need to have another dog in my home as long as you promise to make me the center of your world. I'm house trained, crate trained, know to sit before I eat and get treats, but could use some formal training if that's something you'd like to do together. Snuggling is what I do best and I love to curl up on the couch and take a good nap with my people. When I first came to my foster home I didn't want anyone to touch me at all, but now I love a good scratch and belly rub. There is a little boy who lives here too, he's only a year old and I'm very sweet to him. My Mama thinks I would do best with kids that are 5 or older because they will be better about respecting my space and can play fetch with me in the backyard!

I'm a pretty tenacious little dude who doesn't lack attitude or spunk, so Mama says I'll need a new home that has experience with terriers. I would do best as a house dog, I need a backyard and neighbors that aren't just a wall away because I really like to talk! I'm very protective and meet all visitors at the door, but once I let them know I'm here it's all kisses and wiggles from me. I don't have very good leash manners and don't like meeting new dogs on a walk, but that's nothing that a little training couldn't fix. Mama says I would do best in a home where I won't be taken a lot of new places because I can get anxious and scared in new situations. I love a good car ride though and have figured out that this place called Starbucks has puppy whip that is just for me! Yumm-o!

Do you think you might want to meet a cute boy like me? Just let the nice people at Boston Terrier Rescue of North Texas know and they'll arrange a time for us to play! Mama says she's going to miss her Knightacus bunches, but knows that there is a perfect family out there waiting just for me. How exciting is that?! Later gator, I've gotta get back to playing, there's lots to do today!



1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your doggie adventures. Don't get me wrong I love seeing all the pictures of your little one too :) You're a real angle rescuing all these much deserving doggies.

    ReplyDelete