Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ten.for.tuesday

Deacon has become such a big boy! Here are ten new things that he has started doing... I love watching my baby boy grow up!

1. Tomorrow Deacon will be five months old, I can hardly believe it! Last month he was almost 15 pounds, there is not a doubt in my mind that he is close to if not over 16 pounds right now, and the boy is loooong! The footy pajamas have gone out the window, and Deacon now wears 9 month clothes- insane! Scott and I were going through some of his old clothes the other day and we were dumbfounded by how small he was when we brought him home from the hospital. It's all very bittersweet for me, I love how active he has become and look forward to him walking and talking, but at the same time my first baby boy is getting older.. and FAST!



2. Deacon's two bottom teeth are starting to surface! The poor thing shoves absolutely everything into his mouth that he can get his hands on, including his own hands and ours. He's also been known to gnaw on your shoulder, chin, nose, and collar bone whenever he gets the urge. What a goofball! Deacon goes through at least two shirts a day with all the drooling, and for some reason he is not a fan of the frozen teething rings but loves carrot sticks. Fortunately he really hasn't been terribly cranky, but at times I can tell that his head hurts because he grabs at the side of his head and ears. Tylenol does the trick! I'll be so thankful when those toofies come in, this process wears me out.




3. Deacon is eating big boy food! Well, kind of. He eats rice cereal with breastmilk and apple juice every morning when he wakes up, breastfeeds throughout the day, and for dinner he eats either sweet potatoes or green beans- and LOVES it! Deacon talks to his food, I love watching him eat and seeing how much he enjoys it. He has also gnawed on a french fry, eaten applesauce a few times, and begs whenever he sees other people eating and he isn't. Unfortunately he's become constipated in the last two weeks so we've entered into a totally different stage of pooping issues- haha it never stops! This week I'm going to try peas and see what he thinks about those... I'm loving this stage, even if it's a messy one!


4. Along with the food has come Deacon's big boy cup... and he is OBSESSED with it! Because he's been constipated I've tried to get him to drink juice to loosen things up, and thankfully he absolutely loves both apple and white grape juice. He talks to his cup too along with his food, and my smart baby boy has figured out how to drink from the cup with the stopper in it so he doesn't make nearly as big of a mess. Yesterday we started prune juice and surprisingly he likes that too, and it's helped a lot with his pooping issue.



5. Deacon has found his toes! He loves to talk to them and hold them while he's laying down, sitting up, and even taking a bath. I loved the day he figured out how to reach them, he had the "WHOA where did these things come from?!" look on his face :)


6. After my first sonogram I started calling my baby Little Bear, and I still call Deacon that when we're having Mama and baby time. But now I've started calling him Snuggle Bear because he's become just that! The boy gets more loves and kisses than any baby I've ever met, and he's caught on and started giving some of his own. When I pick him up he wraps his arms around my neck and gives me a big squeeze, then grabs my hair and plants a big sloppy kiss right on my mouth. It may be the kind of kiss only a Mama could love, but I eat up every single one he gives me. Deacon is becoming such a sweet baby boy!



7. Yesterday Deacon finally figured out how to roll from his back to his stomach and then onto his back again in one motion. He's been rolling from his stomach to his back in his sleep for almost two months now, but until yesterday he hadn't mastered it while he was awake. It cracks me up how surprised he is that he's flipped himself over EVERY single time he does it, and he's getting much better about playing on his tummy.


8. I give Deacon another two weeks and he'll be sitting up all by himself. He's been holding himself upright since he was born, and he can hold himself in a sitting position until he gets startled or something catches his eye- and then he crashes! He wants to sit and stand so badly that laying down isn't even an option anymore. Deacon will be a much happier baby once he can sit, crawl, walk, and play with the other babies and I'm so excited for him to get to that point!



9. Deacon is really enjoying playing with Jaxon, Jayden, and Joi even though he gets clobbered and beat up on a regular basis. He loves watching them crawl around and play with toys, but unfortunately they always want the one he has. The twins have gotten much better about playing with Deacon too, they enjoy talking to him and Jaxon even kisses him every now and then. It will be lots of fun when they can all move around and play on the floor together- not to mention make my job a lot easier! :)


10. Willow has become Deacon's new muse, I swear he could watch her all day long! He loves to sit in my lap while we throw the ball to her and really enjoys the afternoons that we take her to the dog park so he can watch her and the other dogs run around. Deacon has started kissing Willow too, and he tugs on her ears, whiskers, feet, and any skin he can possibly get his hands on. I love when she kisses his hands and face and he lets out this big ole belly laugh- they're going to be such great friends, I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog mags!!! He is precious and growing up soo much!!!

    ReplyDelete