Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ten Songs This Tuesday.

Today was BRUTAL, I can't remember one that's been this bad since I started working with the kids. Yikes. At the end of the day Deacon had a black eye from Jayden bashing him in the face with a toy, Willow immediately ran to her bed when we got home, and I'm on edge and extremely exhausted. I called in sick on Friday after a serious allergy attack and yesterday was Memorial Day, but I don't know what happened in those four days to make it crazy like it was today! LeeRoy's daughter Jasmine is living with them for the summer, she's twelve, and while she can be a big help she also doesn't know my routines and has her own agenda. Joi threw five screaming, kicking, throw herself on the ground fits today and everything was "NO!" and full of some serious attitude. The boys are both cutting their top teeth and were whining, crying, and just plain ugly all day long. For the last three weeks I've been able to just lay them in their cribs, walk out, and let them fall asleep quietly on their own, but today they both cried for almost an hour during their morning nap. It was insane! The afternoon was better, but they didn't sleep soundly and kept waking up every thirty minutes or so. Let's just hope tomorrow is a better day, I don't know if I can take another one, I'm definitely looking forward to a part-time summer!

Last night I finally added all the songs to my iPhone after getting a new one about a month ago. I had forgotten how many good songs I had haha! Music has always been a huge part of my life, I've always got a song lyric in my head, and use it as a tool to deal with my emotions, whether good or bad. In the Sex And The City movie, right after Big walks out on Carrie at their wedding she refers to herself as an emotional cutter because she relives the pain of that day by constantly bringing back the memory in some way- I do this with music. I associate songs and lyrics with certain points in my life, and every time I hear it I remember exactly how I felt when I listened to it the first time. That's what I love so much about music, I can FEEL it deep in my core- those are the best kinds of songs. Here are my top ten, in random order because I could never choose just ONE that I like more than another. I've got many more where these came from, just ask and I'd be happy to share :)

All The Same by Sick Puppies

Not As We by Alannis Morisette

Where I Stood by Missy Higgins

What I Wouldn't Give by Holly Brook

Slow Dancing In A Burning Room by John Mayer

Misery Business by Paramore

Everything Is You by Eli Young Band

Freeze Frame Time by Brandon Rhyder

Just A Matter Of Time by Randy Rogers

You're Not Alone by Saosin

No comments:

Post a Comment