Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hubble's last day as a Hensley :(

Our last day with Hubble Bubble is coming to an end, in 45 minutes I leave to take him to Kathy where he'll continue on his road to recovery and find his forever home. I'm SO sad, tears are streaming down my face as I write this :( It's been such a wonderful week watching him go from a scared, skinny, beaten up boy straight from the shelter to the smiling wiggly boy he is today. Earlier in the week I posted that he was afraid to get up on the couch with me, but in the last two days cuddling and watching tv is all he wants to do! I cried the first time he crawled up next to me all on his own, it's little things like that that make this whole process SO worth it. He and my two absolutely adore each other, I don't know why I worried so much after he and Spruce had their little tiff last weekend because they curl up with each other for their afternoon naps and kiss each other all over all day long. I can tell that Hubble feels like a totally new dog, he has a spring in his step that wasn't there when he first got here and a sparkle in his eye that gets brighter with each day. I know he was only here for 10 days and the plan was for him to leave today all along, but I am so in love with this big goofy boy and it's very bittersweet for me to think about dropping him off and not coming home to his sweet face anymore. Even if we had agreed to be Hubble's permanent foster home, I know we are not the right forever family for him. He loves Spruce, Willow, Deacon, Scott, and me to death, we know that, but Hubble deserves to be in a home with not so much commotion and with a lap just for his sweet head :) If Hubble could pick his perfect forever home I think it would be with an older couple, possibly retired, who will let him lay on the couch with them all day and stroke his head and back. And after the hard six years my Hubble Bubble has had, he deserves just that :) So, with tears and a heavy heart, we say goodbye to our sweet boy today... Kathy you are one lucky lady to get to share your home with Hubble Bubble! Give him a kiss every day for me.

Love you Hubble Bubble Boy!






No comments:

Post a Comment