Friday, April 15, 2011

Nokona has a new team-mate! :)



My sweet Nokona girl went to her new forever home last night where she has a loving Mama, Daddy, skin brother and sister, and a fur brother named SHORTSTOP! That's right, both of my babies found the same wonderful family to call their own, and I couldn't be more thrilled! Shortstop's new name is Emerson, but Nokona gets to keep her name because they say it fits her like a glove. (ha-ha!) Emerson's mom had told me that he was having some separation anxiety and asked me for some pointers, but nothing we seemed to try was working. When I first posted Nokona's pictures on FB I knew Amy adored her from the comments she left, and soon I got a message asking if they could meet her and if I thought Emerson might want a sister to keep him company and ease his anxiety. Some of you may remember, but Emerson wasn't an easy foster for us, he was in a lot of pain from his jacked-up testicles and until the last day or so really wasn't dog friendly at all. Things have changed for him since then and he's made some doggy friends, and with Nokona being a submissive girl we decided to try it out and see how things went. I took Nokona home the day of her 10 day hold being up (yesterday) and we decided to give things a night to settle in and see if everyone meshed well. Before I left last night they said I could go ahead and announce it, but I still wanted to see how the night went. I got an email from Amy this morning saying that they two dogs slept all night long snuggled up on the dog bed (a first for their velcro boy Emerson!) and that she doesn't know how their family functioned these last couple of months without Nokona. :)

Welcome home my Nokona girl! You were so much fun to have here these last couple of weeks, I know your new family is going to have nothing but good times with you from here on out. Happy home pictures attached, it's just Emerson and Nokona because the kids were too busy playing for a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment