Tuesday, June 28, 2011

28 weeks, Knight's montage, and the inspection!


Say hello to my 28 week belly! There is no doubt about it, I'm most definitely pregnant. Haha. I've finally started to gain a good amount of weight even though it's nothing compared to what I gained with Deacon, and I'm going to the doctor bi-weekly now instead of once a month. Even though I hate this term, baby Bennett has reached the age of viability and we're on the home stretch now! In a couple of weeks I'll get to set his c-section date and then it all starts to get very real. I haven't done anything but buy fabric for his nursery, so when we move into the new house it will be a mad dash to get everything done. Our crib was recalled AGAIN and last night we just decided to trash it and start completely over, it's not worth risking either of our boy's lives to save money on a new one. So I guess it's a good thing that I hadn't started on the bedding yet, I would have had to re-do all of it probably! Deacon is now sleeping on the crib mattress on the floor, the first night went ok but I'm hoping the transition will start smoothing out a little bit.

Here is baby Bennett's 28 week update! :)
As the Big Day nears, your baby is getting ready to go towards the light at the end of the tunnel (the tunnel being the birth canal, the light being the one the doctor is shining directly into it so she can see what the heck she's doing). Other highlights this week:
Your baby's eyes are partially open now and can blink. Truly superior babies can actually wink. (OK, there is no way to prove that, but it's fun to imagine, no?) Your baby can also now become a shiny, happy person as she has begun having rapid eye movement (Get it? REM? Shiny, happy person?? We'll be here all week.) Her eyes have color now, too. It may not be the color she ultimately ends up with, especially if they're light gray or blue. The eyes typically don't settle on a final hue until nine months after baby is born. So when your mother-in-law says that the baby has her eyes, you can politely inform her that they'll most likely change soon. Sorry. Your babe is downright chubby compared to a few weeks ago. She is about 15 inches long, about the length of an amusement park cinnamon-sugar-coated churro (yum!), and weighs 2 to 3 pounds.


Check out the post below to see Knight's montage!
I have exactly one month to get my boy adopted before we have to have him moved to another foster home. Knight doesn't deal with tons of stress and change very well, so moving and having a new baby in a matter of weeks won't be good for him and in turn won't be good for our family. I will have had him for 6 months at that point and it absolutely breaks my heart to think about giving him to anyone other than his forever family. I know him better than anyone and no matter how much I complain about what a stinker he is, I will miss Knight to pieces when he leaves. I haven't been able to watch the montage all the way through yet without crying, my sick naked boy has come such a long way and looks so good compared to when we first got him. I know his perfect home is out there looking for him and anxiously waiting his arrival, I just hope that they find him before I have to let him go.

Here is a picture of our new house! :) If you'd like to see more, just copy and paste this link in your browser and it should take you to trulia where you can view more pictures. http://www.trulia.com/property/3000048257-1146-Prospect-Dr-Flower-Mound-TX-75028 . There have been a couple more updates added since the pictures were taken, and of course I plan on going in and putting my own spin on every inch of the place, but don't worry I'll take pictures as I go! Tonight we have our inspection and I'm very nervous, so far everything has gone incredibly smoothly (almost too smooth) so I'm just waiting for something to be wrong. Any positive thoughts, vibes, or prayers you have to spare today would be greatly appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment