Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Spruce!

I'm so sorry I've been so bad about updating my blog lately, I was having some serious technical issues with Blogger! For some reason it decided that after over a year my email address was no longer sufficient, and because I tried to enter my password too many times it kicked me off for a while. Now that I've gotten things straightened out I promise I'll be much better about updating regularly like I was before, I'll do a quick update of the last few weeks tomorrow. For today though, here's a quick run-down of what our morning looked like, it's our Spruce's 2nd birthday! :)

We started off Spruce's birthday surprise with a piece of chicken jerky to get things going. It's his favorite treat. :) Then I brought out the big guns, four fully loaded Kongs with all of his favorite things in them!

Kong #1: peanut butter
Kong #2: cheese
Kong #3: duck jerky
Kong #4: chicken and rice

For a good 15-20 minutes Spruce went from Kong to Kong getting every drop out of each one, he was in heaven! Deacon celebrated with us too, the boys had matching party hats and noise makers, but Spruce was way too focused on the Kongs to care what anyone else was doing or whether or not he was wearing a hat. Haha!

One year ago today we adopted our big wiggly goofball that we lovingly know as Spruce. We are truly blessed to have him as a member of our family and can't imagine our life without him or the things he has brought us along the way. It's because of him that we came to LBR, fostered 10 wonderful dogs, and adopted our Bonsai. Spruce is our companion, our protector, Deacon's best friend, and someone we can look to for a laugh any time of day. We love love LOVE our baby boy! I can't believe it's been a year already, he's grown so much and so has our family, soon we will welcome another little boy who I know will adore Spruce just as much as Deacon does. :) It's been so fun to watch Spruce grow and change, he came to us a skinny boy at 46 pounds and at his check-up last week weighed in at a hefty 65 pounds! We've completed Wanda's Puppy2 class and the change has been remarkable, Spruce is much more confident, behaved, and well-rounded than the boy who came to us a year ago. I wouldn't trade a SECOND that I've had with my baby, I tell him every day that I love him to the moon and back and how blessed I am to have him as part of my life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPRUCE! WE LOVE YOU PRECIOUS BOY! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment