Wednesday, March 17, 2010

10.4.T. (I guess I should say W!)


Sorry I missed my usual Tuesday post, things got crazy yesterday and I didn't have time to get it done before we went to dinner last night!

1. I am now legally Mrs. Scott Hensley! Yesterday morning Deacon and I got up bright and early to head to the DMV and Social Security office to get my name changed on all my important paperwork. We got to the DMV at 8:15 and Deacon was hungry so I had to feed him, but after that we sat in the lobby until 10:15! It took forever, and of course the morning I decide to go there is only one person typing everything up- just my luck! Deacon did really well, he only fussed for a minute and then fell asleep and was quiet the rest of the time. Unfortunately it was an entirely different story at the Social Security office, he cried the entire time we were there. They even bumped me up in line and put me on the "fast track" so I could get out of there! Deacon doesn't do well when he's hungry haha.


2. Today was Scott's 22nd birthday and Deacon and I made him a cake! His favorite is chocolate with chocolate icing, so Deac and I spent the morning making and decorating one for him. He ate two pieces, so I'm assuming it was good! I'm not a chocolate person so I thought it was just ok, but I'll get my birthday cake when I go visit my parents :) I'm no pro at cake baking and decorating, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out- it's amazing what you can do with some Betty Crocker icing and a sandwich bag!

3. Deacon's extra loveys came today, we ordered him some new ones last week. He is SO attached to that thing I can't even take it away to wash it once a week. I don't even want to know what would happen if heaven forbid he got lost or ruined so we went ahead and got him a couple new ones. Of course we can't just go to Target or BabiesRUs to find them, they're from some boutique in California called Angel Dear! His is a light blue hippo (I thought it was a dragon until I looked it up haha!) and I debated for a long time whether to get him more of the same one or to order a couple different animals. They're all so cute but I eventually decided to keep them all the same so he wouldn't pick favorites. Hopefully my plan will work!


4. When Willow was a baby Scott would always roll her over onto her back and blow raspberries on her belly and neck. Because we don't treat her like a person enough as it is, right?! Now to get our attention she runs up, puts her front paws on your shoulders, and plops her chin right over your mouth. It doesn't matter if you're holding Deacon, talking on the phone, folding laundry, or checking Facebook, when Willow wants your attention she's determined to get it! Silly puppy, all she wants is for you to blow on her neck, but she is so bizarre! One of a kind, our Willow :)


5. Last night Scott and I went to dinner with some of our friends for our birthdays, and we had such a blast! It's a group of people that I used to work at the hospital with, and after I quit we vowed to meet once a month for a date night so we can all stay in touch. They're all in their late 20's so turning 21 was old news to them, but they were very excited for me and made sure that my night was extra special. Valerie got me a crown with a big 21 on it that says "Bye Bye Bouncer, Hello Bartender!" on it, and Laura got me Cosmopolitan mix, a jigger, a shaker, and cocktial napkins that say "Enough with the damn juiceboxes, Mommy needs a cocktail!" Haha how fun! It was a really nice time, I miss seeing and talking to those girls every week. After hearing their stories though I definitely have to say that I'm glad I'm no longer there, the politics of the floor wear me out. I can't wait for next month, they're such a fun bunch!

6. This morning on the way to get the ingredients for Scott's cake I stopped in at Starbucks for a coffee and a pumpkin loaf. I usually get a chai tea latte, white chocolate mocha, or caramel machiatto, but today I decided to try their new darch cherry mocha. SO GOOD! I highly recommend it, especially for those of you who aren't huge coffee drinkers- it's definitely more cherry and chocolate than coffee! Definitely started my morning out right.

7. Scott and I filled out our NCAA brackets yesterday, which means that it's the start of my favorite time of year! I LOVE MARCH MADNESS AND THE NCAA TOURNAMENT! College basketball is by far my favorite sport to watch, I'm not a fan of the NBA but I'll watch any and every college basketball game on TV. You can all probably guess already that my favorite team is the University of Illinois Fighting Illini, I definitely bleed orange and blue! I'm so disappointed that they didn't make it to the tournament this year, it's so sad to me that a team with that much talent has such poor coaching. Seriously people, Bruce Weber has GOT to GO! The only thing that makes me feel better about the situation is that UNC didn't make it either- Ha suckas!


8. I'm going back to school this summer, and though I'll only be taking a couple of online classes I'm nervous about adding something else to my already very full plate. I NEED to go back to school, I'm determined to finish just to at least be able to say that I did it. I've always wanted to be a nurse, but at the same time I'm not someone who is so career driven that I want it to define me. Even as a little girl I knew that I wanted to be a mom, to stay home with my children until they get into school and then go back to work. I guess I never considered having to juggle school and having a family, I always thought that I would graduate, get married, and then have kids and stay home- but that's not the order that I drew my cards. Slowly but surely I will finish school and get my degree, even if it's just to say that I have that piece of paper.

9. SIXTEEN MORE DAYS! I'm so excited to go home, I absolutely can't wait to see my family and friends. I know my parents are itching to get their hands on Deacon, I can see it all over their faces when we Skype. He changes more every day, I'm so glad that we get to talk to them as often as we do and that they are able to see him even if it's just for a few minutes at a time. My sister texted me earlier and told me that they are ordering baby ducks to be delivered while we are there, which means that we will be taking some super cute Easter pictures this year! Hopefully these next two weeks will go by quickly, I'm ready to get home!

10. Yesterday Deacon started this screaming thing, it's so funny! He gets so excited and just lets out this ear-piercing scream, like he can't contain his excitement. Check him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment