Sunday, March 28, 2010

Five days and counting!

Time for a serious update! Last week we had a lot going on, starting with Deacon's 4 month wellness checkup. I had to work and was sad that I couldn't go, but Scott was excited about having some Daddy time. Deacon now weighs 14lb 12.8oz and is 24 inches long! Big boy! I honestly was surprised that he didn't weigh more, but apparently he was being a wiggle worm and Scott hadn't fed him yet. So I'm just going to say he's 15lbs haha. Dr Bruce said that everything looks great and he's just perfect... But I could've told her that :)

Scott and I have become addicted to the show Fatal Attraction on Animal Planet, a new episode comes on in just a few minutes, I'm so excited! It's about people who own wild animals as pets and get eaten by them. Crazy, right?! Last Sunday some guy got salmonella from a lizard bite and then was eaten by them, Thursday a lady got attacked by her leopard, and tonight's episode is about chimpanzees. I wonder where they will go from here, it's very intriguing- and I'm DEFINITELY not going to be buying a lion or anything nutso like that. For some reason I'm very into big cats right now. I don't know if it's their way of life, the fact that they're absolutely breathtaking, or maybe I've inherited Gramma's love for jungle creatures, but every day at 2 I watch Big Cat Diary on Animal Planet. (I watch that channel a lot, can you tell?) The show is incredible, it's like a soap opera! Joi likes to watch it with me before she takes a nap, and a couple of days ago she started growling like a big lion we saw on the show. Haha! Scott and I also really like the new show called Life, Oprah is the narrator. A-MAZ-ING! I want it on DVD when it comes out, if anybody needs a good idea for a Christmas gift :) Haha. The picture is phenomenal, and it's really educational in a fun way, I think Deacon will enjoy watching it when he gets a little bit bigger. A few minutes ago it showed two sea dragons (like a sea horse) mating, and the dad carries the eggs instead of the mom. Scott heard Oprah say sea dragon and said, "Does it spit fire?" They live in the ocean.. Really? What a goofball!

Poor Deacon hasn't been feeling so hot this weekend :( The twins have been battling some sort of cold/sinus bug for the last couple of weeks, and I feel like the past 3 weekends I've been feeling kind of blah. Yesterday Deac woke up and was congested and had a runny nose, and he still hasn't bounced back from it. I've been giving him Tylenol every few hours which seems to help a little bit, but if he's not better by the end of the day tomorrow I'm going to make him an appointment Tuesday to get checked out. Poor Little Bear.

And here's what the other kids have been up to this week. Jayden has started moving around like a crazy man! He hasn't quite mastered the knee, hand, knee, hand, but he army crawls like a fool! He's everywhere in half a second, we've had to put up a baby gate and when I leave the room I have to strap him down to something to keep him out of the outlets, trash can, and away from Deacon and Jaxon. Jayden has clobbered them both numerous times and neither end up very happy about it. I keep telling him to wait until Deacon gets big enough to move around, and then HE's the one in trouble! Deacon's definitely bigger than the twins in both length and weight, they're going to be in for it before they know it. Jaxon continues to be my sensitive man and whine constantly all day long. He doesn't move around very well, but he's more advanced than Jayden in different ways. He's very vocal, can clap and wave, and wants to make SURE that he isn't forgotten. (I think that's what the whining is about, even though I pay attention to him more than anyone else!) Jaxon thinks he needs big people food too and has started spitting his food back at me, making a huge mess at both breakfast and lunch. Joi and I can't eat around him otherwise he refuses his food and cries the whole time we are eating. But he can't swallow any other consistency than baby food, so I don't know what he wants me to do about it! Haha. And Joi continues to be my big helper and absorb everything like a sponge. After her sisters left last week she started saying shut up, even though she has no idea what it means. She walked around saying "shut up, shut up, shuuuut up" in a sing-songy voice until I asked her what she was saying and then told her that wasn't a nice thing to say to people. Then she tried whispering it, yelling it, and saying it veeeery slowly, all the while looking right at me to see if I would notice. I threatened a time-out (even though she's never had one) and that nipped it in the bud. Joi's a lot like Willow, she'll test you and see how much she can get away with, but when it comes to getting in trouble she tucks her tail between her legs and gives you the big "I'm sorry" eyes. I'm a sucker, she knows that's all she needs to do and I'm loving on her again.

Deacon's 4 month photo session was today! Even though he wasn't feeling all that great he put on a happy face for a little bit and let Katie take some super cute shots of him. I can't wait to see how they turn out, I love her work. She's had a bit of a family emergency going on in the last month so she's backed up and we probably won't get to proof our pictures for a couple of weeks, but I'm okay with that since they've at least been taken. We've been waiting to get the last part of our wedding pictures taken for over a month, I'm trying to be understanding and not get frustrated since she's got a lot going on at home, but hopefully we'll get them taken care of when Deacon and I get home from North Carolina. WE LEAVE FRIDAY MORNING! :)

Rub-a-dub-dub! Bath time.



Deacon loves this duck, can you tell?!



Deacon found his fingers. Every single one!



Airing out the pigs.



The Scream



Part 1: Look Ma, no socks!



Part 2: Jealous Willow!

No comments:

Post a Comment