Tuesday, March 2, 2010

10! 10! 10!


1. It's been five days now, and sweet little Deacon STILL hasn't pooped! The poor child is cranky, gassy, and grunting all day long but can't manage to get anything out. The bathtub tonight was full of bubbles that were not from the soap, so hopefully it will happen tomorrow! My mom keeps reminding me of the fourteen days that I went without pooping, let's just pray that Deacon isn't out to break my record.

2. BRUCE WEBER NEEDS TO BE FIRED! Ohio State?! Really?! Numerous four letter words come to mind when I think about what has happened to Illinois basketball and I am NOT happy about it! Time to change the subject before I get ugly about it.

3. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut and I'm still very unsure of what I'm going to do to it! Of all the decisions I make on a daily basis, how to cut and color my hair always takes more time and effort than any of them. Why is this? It's just hair! For some reason I feel like it's all I have left of myself. I've always had the fun hair and I don't really want that part of me to change. I took out all my piercings, threw away all of my old party clothes, and really put myself into mature mom mode once I got pregnant- but I can't seem to let go of my hair!

4. My birthday is two weeks from today! I can't wait to be twenty-one, but at the same time it's the last big birthday I'll have for a long time. I feel like for the last five years I've been saying "I can't wait until my ______ birthday!" but after this one it all goes downhill. You don't want to turn forty or sixty-five, but twenty-one is a BIG one. With Deacon I won't really be spending my birthday the way most of my friends do, but I'm excited to go to dinner and celebrate with some of my favorite people :)


5. Oh Joi Joi... She cracks me up! Joi mimics every move that I make even though she can't say more than a handful of words- scary. She has twin baby dolls that she carries around with her all day, they have tummy time, sit in the bouncy seat, have their diapers changed, and even get shoved under her shirt for a feeding! Hilarious! But so flattering at the same time, she wants to be just like me :) In this picture she was sitting on the potty and she always likes me to sit and wait with her (unless she's taking a poop, then she needs PRIVACY). I had my legs crossed, and the next time I looked at her she had one leg over the other and her hands over her hips. Talk about little miss sassy pants! Love it. Last night her mom texted me and asked if I had been doing sit-ups that day. Confused, I texted her back and said that I hadn't been and why she was asking.. Apparently Joi was doing sit-ups on the floor and grunting with each one! Haha! She's such a trip :)

6. This whole Tiger Woods business is really starting to irritate me. At first I was curious about the situation just like every other American, but now I am tired of hearing about it. I think it's terrible that someone like him is getting this much media coverage and attention over such a horrible series of actions. Maybe it's just me, but I have absolutely no tolerance for adultery!


7. I think there is some sort of secret, underground Boston Terrier lover society. Seriously! You see two people with Chihuahuas walking down the street and they don't even acknowledge each other. But if they have Bostons they stop and share their entire life stories with each other! Not only that, but they're never referred to as "Bostons" it's always the name of your dog. In the movie Valentine's Day there is a Boston, and when she came on the screen Scott and I both looked at each other with wide eyes and big goofy grins and said "Look there's a WILLOW!" We all went to the dog park this weekend and there was another Willow named Major- what a handsome man! Scott was almost drooling, and of course we all stood together and talked about our Bostons for a good fifteen minutes before they left! I can't wait to get another one, I just LOVE my Boston!

8. I think it's funny how different things are now between my mom and I. Last night Angela had some friends over and one of them wrote something rather rude on her facebook. I called and asked her about it, and afterward Angela said that I got her in trouble and that my mom "hated" her now because she apparently was giving her "looks" all night after I had called her out on it. I in no way meant to embarrass her or get her in trouble, I was just trying to stick up for my sister if someone was being mean to her. Seven years ago I would have felt exactly the same way Angela did and had similar thoughts as well. But now that I'm older, more mature, and a mother myself, I see things my mom says and does as being helpful and loving, not out to get me the way I used to. It's weird how relationships change and grow, but I'm so glad that they do. For the longest time I thought my mom hated me and that everything she did was to make my life miserable- but now I see that a huge part of the problems that we had was because of me. As teenagers we don't realize how skewed our view is on not only our parents, but authority in general. I'm so glad that I now see things the way they really are, and hopefully I can help Angela to have a much more peaceful and enjoyable teenage experience than I did.

9. Deacon's smiles and giggles are like food for my soul. I am so in love with my sweet baby boy, I never knew that it was possible to feel this way about anyone! It's such a different kind of love than you have with your husband, parents, even your Willow- it consumes you in it's own unique way and I LOVE that! Deacon is such a Mama's boy, he just lights up every time he sees me. We have such a special bond, I can't imagine my life without those dimples, chubby hands, long eyelashes, and all that sweet baby chunk! Motherhood is truly what I was made for :)

10. Last, but not least, I love being married. Scott and I had a whirlwind romance and were married a year to the day that we started dating. We lived together, moved in with his parents, got an apartment, brought home sweet Willow, were engaged, had our precious baby Deacon, and got married all in ONE YEAR! It's been a life-changing experience, one that I never imagined myself having, but I wouldn't change one second of it. As a lifestyle, Scott and I have been all but married for a very long time, but for some reason being able to call him my husband, signing Maggie Hensley, and having two rings on my finger instead of one makes me feel so much more whole. As far as husbands go- Scott Patrick Hensley takes the cake ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment