Friday, October 29, 2010

Gemma's Profile on the Legacy Boxer Rescue site :)



Hey there, my name is Gemini! Or at least that’s what my Mama tells me, but she calls me Gemma or Gem-inem like that yummy candy most of the time. I think that means I’m her favorite puppy! I was born August 15th and am the only girl of my litter, so I can be sweet and dainty or roll around with the boys. Mama tells me all the time how cute I am and something about how she loves my floppy ears (maybe that’s why she’s always kissing me all over).

At my Mama’s house there is a baby boy (I’m told he’s not a puppy, but I still think he is!) and we like to play together. He thinks it’s funny that I’m small like he is, but doesn’t really like it when I nibble on his ears. They’re my favorite! I listen when Mama tells me “nuh-uh, not for puppies” because I like to be a good girl, it’s no fun to be in trouble. Mama tells me I’m very smart and that she can always see my wheels turning, but I have no idea what she’s talking about because I thought I had paws. Silly Mama! I learn things very quickly, especially when a treat is involved, and always know to sit when I want something and that we potty outside. Sometimes I get so busy playing that I forget, but I’m getting better every day with this potty training business.

I have a Boston Terrier sister named Willow and a Boxer brother named Spruce, they are teaching me all about being a good puppy and what it means to be part of the pack. Willow is the boss around here, but she’s small like I am so we like to wrestle and chase toys together. Spruce is more of the rough and tumble kinda boy, and we like to mouth joust and play tug-of-war with just about anything we can find. He’s a pretty good snuggler too, I love a good cuddle while I snooze.

I would really like to have a house with a backyard, you see I’m very independent and refuse to go potty while on a leash. Mama has this thing called a ‘partment and she says I’m very good about staying by her side while we are in the grass, but when I get bigger I will be too fast to not have a leash on me. I also like to whine and cry for the first few minutes in my crate, but even though after a little bit I settle into my bed and go ni-night, on of these ‘partment things probably isn’t the best place for me to spend my happily-ever after. Mama says all princesses like me deserve one of those! I sleep all night long in my crate right next to Mama and wake her up with a squeak when I need to get up and go potty. (Shh…Don’t tell her because it might hurt her feelings, but I would really like to sleep curled up next to her in her big bed!)

If you want me to be your baby girl forever, call my Mama and she will bring me over for a play date!

Kisses and lots of wags and wiggles,
Gemini


**Gemini is a boxer mix, so her adoption fee is only $175. Legacy Boxer Rescue provides her spay and her first two sets of puppy shots with the adoption fee.
Gemini can’t wait to meet you!




No comments:

Post a Comment