Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Diamond's Adoption Profile



Hi, my name is Diamond, it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm an all natural girl who loves life and everything about it, especially since I'm out of that yucky shelter now. It was scary in there and I didn't have anyone to play with, but now that I'm in my foster home I'm much happier! There are other dogs here and a toddler who is super cute, I like to follow him around and play with his toys. I'm very gentle when we play together and take treats ever so softly from him when he decides to sneak me a pretzel or two. I don't even mind if he grabs my long tail! I would really like to have a skin brother or sister in my forever home, especially if they want to take part in my training and teach me lots of fun tricks.

I'm a special girl, you see I'm deaf and can't hear you when you talk like most dogs. That's okay though, my foster mom says that makes me unique! And if that wasn't enough I've got a long tail, hazel eyes, and light brown spots all over my body. Mom tells me I'm beautiful and that I shine when I walk. I've got long lanky legs and when I play with the other dogs and run around the backyard I look like a ballerina!

I get really nervous when I'm alone and will need a fur brother in my forever home so that he can show me the rules and what is safe. I'm not afraid of new people, new dogs, or new situations, I'm just a social girl who likes to have company all the time! Even though I'm house trained and crate trained I really don't like my crate at all. I scream and cry in my crate if I know that you're home, so apartments won't be a good fit for a girl like me. My most ideal forever home would be one where I have someone home with me a lot, I really don't like to be locked up but I'm still too much of a puppy to be left out of my crate for a long time. I'll get better as I mature, but for right now that's what would make me happiest, you'll love my smile! :) My foster family lets me sleep in bed with them, you see I need to sleep touching someone so that I know when something is wrong and when it's time for me to wake up. I sleep with my head on or next to my foster Mom every night, I like to feel her breathe so I know she's okay. Even when it's day time, I'm never far away from my people because I like to make sure I can see them in case they want me to do something or go somewhere. When we snuggle on the couch, I always like to sit in someone's lap so that I can be close to everyone. I'd love to snuggle with you too!

Since I'm a special deaf girl, I'll need someone who has Boxer experience and is willing to work with me and teach me new signs. I know a couple already and am learning more each day, but I'd love to know more! My foster mom has been spending lots of time with me showing me the signs for good girl, come, sit, water, food, outside, inside, leave it, and drop it. I'm a very smart girl who soaks up every bit of attention I can get, and I know to watch my Mama so I can figure out what she's asking me to do. All I want to do is please her and be a good girl, she tells people all the time how rewarding it is to have a deaf dog in the family. She would be happy to answer any questions you have too!

I'm a healthy girl and am all ready for adoption, so if you think you'd like a Diamond like me in your life give my foster Mom a call and I'll come over for a playdate! Hope to see you soon, it was wonderful meeting you. Have a wonderful day, I know I will!





No comments:

Post a Comment