Monday, March 29, 2010

Do as I say, not as I do.

I absolutely HAVE to share this story from today, my sides hurt I was laughing so hard! So I'm sure you've all figured out that Joi has quite the personality and picks things up like a sponge. She's quiet in the sense that she doesn't say more than a handful of words, but she's most definitely paying attention! I found that out first hand this afternoon when I was changing Jayden's diaper, it was a big ole nasty poop of course. I wrapped the diaper up (with a sour look on my face no doubt) and sat it next to me. Joi came over and picked it up so I said, "Oh are you going to throw that away for me? Thank you Joi Joi, what a big helper!" She looked at me, looked down at the diaper, and then back at me and said, "...Shit!" I was so shocked that I couldn't do anything but bust out laughing- you know, the tears in your eyes, can't catch your breath, and snort when you finally do kind of laugh! I didn't even know how to respond to that so I just said "Uh, yeah just throw it away for me." Haha! When I told her Mom what Joi had said we both had a good laugh about it and she said, "Joi, how many times to do I have to tell you... Do as I SAY not as I DO silly girl!"

Today must have been the day for some serious attitude, I got it from all angles. Deacon still isn't feeling very well which makes him incredibly irritable at times, and the tantrums he's started throwing (learned from the boys) isn't helping! Poor thing, he had his cranky pants on all day long. Right before lunch I was bringing a bowl of dry baby oatmeal upstairs to feed the boys and Willow tripped me up, sending oatmeal flakes flying all over the stairs. Amber warned me that the kids were scared of the vaccuum, but I figured it was easier to calm them down before naptime rather than during so I went ahead and cleaned up the mess. As soon as I turned it on the twins FREAKED out, screaming, red in the face, absolutely petrified by the thing! Jayden calmed down after a few minutes, but I swear he had dreams about the dang vaccuum because he woke up screaming 4 times before I finally got him down for a nap. And Jaxon... Oh sweet Jaxon... The boy gives me attitude all day long anyway with his incessant whining, but he cried and whined and cried some more for a good 20-30 minutes after I was done vaccuuming. Ok I get it, I won't do it again! Haha.

Willow was the icing on the cake with the attitude today, I was shocked she's usually such an angel! It all started last week when they left their dogs' food out on the floor of the pantry and she got into it. Of course it's not the same kind she eats, it's Ol Roy the 59cent Walmart food! Willow immediately went outside and pooped it all out afterward, but since then she has refused to eat her puppy food and sits by their dog food container and begs for me to give her some. No ma'am! She's almost 10 months old, so I figure it can't hurt to give her adult dog food now and I bought her some new stuff a couple days ago. Not wanting her to poop all over herself and our house I mixed her old food and the new stuff together, but she wasn't having it. 10 minutes after I poured it into her bowl I went back to check on her and the little stinker had picked out every single piece of her old food and spread it all over the floor! Of course I mixed the bags of food together so there was no going back and I've been kicking myself for it. Today I took some of the food with me to work hoping that she would try it again there, but she just sniffed it and turned her nose up. So then I spent a good 5 minutes separating the foods with my fingers and tried to hand-feed it to Willow. She took the piece in her mouth, gave it a whirl, and spit it back onto the floor. After the third try she finally gave me this look like "MOM! How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not going to eat it? Screw you AND this food!" Little miss attitude! So tonight Scott went to the store and bought Willow the expensive food and of course she ate the whole bowl. He said he bought Purina One because it's supposed to be for the top 1% of dogs, and Willow's in that calibre. Haha! And he teases ME for treating her like a person instead of a dog.

My poor sweetness feels yucky.



Trying to be a happy boy. Gotta love Tylenol!



Skype-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment