Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Bunny!

Tonight Scott and I went to the mall to take Deacon to see the Easter Bunny, he did so well! Of course when he realized that neither one of us was holding him because he was looking at us he had a slight meltdown, but as you can see from the picture Lovey and his fist fixed that! I felt that visiting the Easter Bunny was a must since I wouldn't take Deacon to see Santa Clause, it was just too early for us to stand in line for 2 hours to have some old man in a dirty suit hold my brand new baby and get everyone else's nasty germs all over him. No thanks! Maybe next year.

Happy Easter 2010



Speaking of germs, Deacon and I just can't seem to catch a break lately. All weekend we were both feeling yucky with a terrible sinus headache, and just when I thought things were starting to look up my body opened the flood gates (or should I say SNOT gates!). Yesterday I blew my nose every five minutes for over 4 hours and went through an entire roll of toilet paper one piece at a time. My nose was so raw that I had to put A&D on it before I went to bed! I fell asleep with Deacon on the couch at 8 (Benadryl knocked me out) and I don't even remember waking up with him in the middle of the night. Today was rough because I had major Benadryl hangover and Joi could tell so she pushed every button and boundary she could possibly find ALL day long. Love me some Joi but she was a MAJOR stinker today. This morning Deacon woke up cranky as ever and it only got worse as the day went on. I noticed that he was more upset when I laid him down flat, and that he was pulling and scratching at his ears and the side of his head. Since we're going to NC on friday I had Scott take him to the pediatrician this afternoon to get checked out, the last thing I need is for him to have a major ear infection while we're there. Apparently he just has a cold and is TEETHING! I knew it! Those two fingers mean that his teeth are finally popping up, and I can see the two on the bottom starting to make their way to the surface. Poor thing! The nurse practitioner said that when babies teeth every nerve in their face feels the effects and it makes their whole head hurt, and that babies use those two fingers to gag themselves because they think that if they stick them down there far enough it will relieve the pain. I went to Target and got him some baby Orajel, but she said other than Tylenol there isn't really anything else I can give him while we wait it out. I'm so excited that he's getting teeth, that means he'll be able to eat all the fun stuff sooner! :)

And here's my soap-box for the week... Yesterday I was watching Dr Phil and the episode was called "Are Moms Really That Busy?" Apparently some Dr from the University of Maryland did some study that said Moms have 30-40 hours of free-time a week. Really?! Several people made blog posts in response to it, and I cannot even begin to describe the ridiculous comments that pig-headed men left criticizing their wives and other women who stay home during the day. I don't know about you, but personally I would just like to pee by myself, thanks! 30-40 hours a week, what do they think this is some kind of vacation being home all day? Don't think so. I was so mad I called my mom who told me that she hasn't had that much free-time since before I was born. Haha my point exactly! Ridiculous.

Well I've started the laundry and am preparing myself for a long night of packing and cleaning tomorrow before Deacon and I leave for Raleigh on Friday morning. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! On the other hand, I'm trying not to show my excitement around Scott too much because he's really bummed that he can't come with us. He loves my side of the family and really wishes he could be there to spend time with them too. And it's a whole week without my Willow too! I always cry when I leave her, she's my baby! ONE MORE DAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment