Monday, March 15, 2010

Success!

Scott's birthday surprise went off without a hitch! I bought him and his brother Todd tickets to go to the Pacquiao v. Clottey fight at Cowboys Stadium on Saturday. He had no idea and was pleasantly surprised when Deacon and I told him that he would be going. Todd picked Scott up and took him to Buffalo Wild Wings and then to watch all the fights, it was the perfect present (or so I was told!). I'm so glad he enjoyed it, he said the seats were great and that the fights were really entertaining.

On the otherhand, I felt like a single mom all weekend with Scott gone most of the time. Friday night he went to play golf at a driving range in Dallas with Todd, his Uncle Shane, and his cousin Chase so he was gone all that night too. Yesterday it was nice to just hang out as a family, we didn't have anywhere to go until the late afternoon. Scotts parents threw a family birthday for me, Scott, Todd, and Karli so we went over there for a few hours in the evening. Deacon was really cranky all day on Sunday for some reason so he had kind of a rough time while we were there, but for the most part it was nice to see everyone and catch up on life after the wedding. Michelle made my mandarin orange cake for me (so nice of her!) but I'm excited for my mom to make me one when I go home in a couple of weeks. The person who invented the recipe could make it and have it perfectly decorated, but it's never the same as when your mom makes it for you!

Last night when we got home Scott and I were getting everything out of the car and our neighbors across the way were pulling out. The girl was talking on her phone and not paying attention and backed right into Scotts truck! I looked right at her and she froze- but instead of
getting out to see what she had done she took off! Scott was so mad and we had to call the police, but because no damage had been done we couldn't file a report. In all of the commotion my phone got left in the car, our keys both got put in the diaper bag, and I took off this morning with both sets! It's a good thing LeRoy is on spring break and is home this week so I was able to bring Scotts keys back to him. That couldve been a disaster!

Tomorrow is my birthday I'm so excited! I'll finally be 21 :) I have the day off so Deacon, Willow and I are going to hang out for the day, and then Scott and I are going to dinner with some friends at night. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment