Monday, July 25, 2011

Deacon's using the big boy potty!


Last week I was using the bathroom, and of course Deacon is standing right there, who gets to pee alone these days? All of the sudden he pulls down his pants, points to the toilet, and says, "PEEZ?!" So I asked him if he wanted to try and potty, he said yes, and ta-da! I was shocked. We've never asked him before if he wanted to start using the big potty and had just decided we would wait until we got to the new house to tackle that adventure. Apparently Deacon had other plans, because we bought him a Spider Man potty seat and he's been using it for the last week! Obviously he still goes in his diaper most of the time, I really haven't pushed the issue and just wait until he asks to go, but probably once a day he'll actually go. I haven't taken away his diapers or made him wear training pants, I think I'm going to try those plastic underwear things because he does NOT like to be wet or messy. Right now though we're in the middle of moving and potty training on top of that just sounds entirely too stressful to me. Once we get everything settled in the new house then I'll get serious about this potty training business, but until then we are loving that he's having so much fun with his potty seat! Doesn't he look precious reading his book on the pot? :)


Bennett Bennett Bennett... Only about 6 more weeks until I get to meet this little man! I can hardly believe I'm already 32 weeks pregnant, the time has flown by and I literally feel like I get bigger every single day. This little dude is growing like a weed! No, I still don't know the date of my c-section, I just left another message for the nurse to call me back with the information and I haven't heard back yet. (sigh)

We just picked out the color of the walls for his room and it should be painted next week with the rest of the house, I can't wait to get started on everything! I've been searching everywhere for a cowhide rug with no luck, they're SO incredibly expensive it's unreal. There's no way I'm paying $300+ for a rug for a nursery. Oy. I had one lined up that I found on Craigs List, but she just emailed me and said that instead of meeting me tonight to give me my new rug she's decided to give it to someone else. SO annoying, but I'm hoping that means that something better will come along. Guess the search continues!

On another note, some of you probably remember my crib dilemma that we've been dealing with as of about a month ago. Today Scott called the company again to see if there is anything they can do about a replacement piece since they should be responsible for it. Well, apparently they're only offering replacements for the natural or dark pine models, not white or black. (WHAT?!) They're trying to claim that only those two colors are dangerous even though they're all the exact same crib, it's the dumbest thing I've EVER heard! So I picked out another crib that I like and added it to my registry, but it's only available in select stores and may or may not be eligible to ship. We also need a new changing table because Braxton sat on ours and snapped the shelf in half. We're not off to a very good start here, this whole thing is incredibly irritating! It's not that we don't have the money to buy a new crib, but I just really wasn't planning on needing to. Anyone else feel like it's always one step forward two steps back? Oh well... Here's the 32 week update on baby Bennett :)

"Although your baby will still remain active, his days of trying out for Cirque du Soleil are nearly over. About this time your baby will settle into the head-down position in preparation for birth. Other fascinating facts:

Both you and baby are putting on some serious weight at this point. You'll probably gain about a pound a week for the next few weeks, with half of that poundage bulking up baby. He'll likely double his weight in the next eight weeks.

Ever wonder what your baby is doing in there these days? He's busy blinking, looking around, grabbing things, making faces, practicing his breathing, peeing and listening to everything around him—pretty much exactly what he'll be doing for the first three months of his life, sans the adoring audience and the flashing camera.

Your baby may (or may not) have a full head of hair now. If she's a baldy, don't worry. You can always buy a Baby Toupee or some adhesive barrettes.

By the end of this week, your baby will weigh about 4 pounds and measure over 17 inches long—about the length of a hot pair of above-the-knee boots. Christian Louboutin? Manolo Blahnik? We're thinking Isaac Mizrahi for Target—you've got a nursery to furnish!"

No comments:

Post a Comment