Friday, July 8, 2011

Knight went home tonight...



It's been a very bittersweet day for me today, I've been crying on and off because I knew this would be my last day with my boy. Some of those tears were happy and some of them were sad, but it was all worth it because Knightacus now has a family to call his very own. Here are a couple pictures from today, please excuse my appearance I had a rough day! Haha.

Knight now has a Mom, Dad, 16 year old skin sister Allie, and Uncle to spoil him rotten, I have no doubt he will be the center of attention. Allie is learning disabled and considered special needs, but she's very smart and bright, so I knew Knight would take to her right away. He followed her around the whole time we were there and was fascinated with all the stuffed animals she had in her room. Allie has been begging her parents for a dog for a long time and Knight was a big surprise for her tonight. When Allie found out that he wasn't just there to visit and was actually her dog she lit up and was so excited she couldn't even speak! I know she's going to love on Knight just like I had hoped, they already went out and bought him new toys, a new bed, and a collar and leash that say "Bad to the Bone". Ha!

When we left Knight was very nervous and scared, he knew what was going on and wanted to come with us. We had to put him in his crate so that he wouldn't completely freak out, it was so hard to leave him that way. :( Knight was with us for almost 6 months and I knew he would have a hard time with the initial separation, I just didn't know it would be so hard for me to leave him with someone else. I cried all the way home just like I thought I would, but now that I'm over the initial shock I know Knight is exactly where he should be. I've been praying for his forever family for a very long time, and they're everything I thought they would be, I'm so happy for Knight.

I'll post his happy home picture in a couple days, I want to give him some time to adjust and settle in before we make it official, but I know he's home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment