Thursday, July 21, 2011

P.U. Stinky Feet!

Deacon and I had to run some errands today, and I kept hearing him say "Peee-uu!" I didn't know what he was talking about, so at a stop light I turned around to see this... He's so silly! :)



Also this afternoon, Deacon went potty on the big boy potty for the very first time! I had intended to buy him a potty seat soon and just let him sit on it whenever he wanted until I thought it was time to do some serious potty training. But this afternoon I was going to the bathroom myself and all of the sudden Deacon just pulled down his pants! I asked him if he wanted to try and potty and he emphatically nodded "YES!" so I sat him on the seat to let him do his thing. Ta-daaa! He pottied! I'm still in shock, I can't believe he actually went potty, we are so proud of him! :)

On another note, I had my 31 week check-up on Tuesday and was told that they are scheduling my c-section this week. My doctor said I would know Tuesday or Wednesday, but surprise surprise it's Thursday and still no word. I was saving my 31 week update until I could share the delivery date, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen! Hopefully I'll know tomorrow, I know Bennett's Grandma and Grandpa would really like to plan their trip to come meet him!

"From this week on, your baby will continue to gain around ½ pound a week until shortly before birth (even though it may feel like a whole lot more with every step you take). Other highlights this week:

Due to increasing space constraints, your baby's arms and legs stay drawn up close to the body now, known as the fetal position (oh, so that's where that name came from!). Plus, your baby can now process information from all five senses—so she'll be all set to smell the pureed peas, taste them, feel them as she mashes them into her hair, hear you crack up and then see the flash as you grab the camera to snap picture after picture.

By now, your baby's lungs are the only system not fully mature. And by mature, we're not saying that the rest of your baby's systems are mature enough to be out past 10 PM with the neighborhood hooligan, just that her lungs need a little bit more time to bake before they can kick it in the outside world.

Your baby weighs about 3½ pounds and measures a little over 16 inches, about the same length as that miniskirt you used to wear (and will again someday!)."

No comments:

Post a Comment