Sunday, February 21, 2010

Deacon is three months old today!



My boy is getting so big! This weekend we were very busy buying him new clothes, bigger diapers, and a new toy for him to play with. I have a new favorite store to buy him clothes from, it's called Crazy8 and it's a brand of Gymboree. Kind of like Gap and Old Navy I think, but they have the most adorable little outfits. I told Deacon that if he ever has a sister we're going to be in big trouble in that store, we had a hard enough time narrowing down what to buy for him.


Deacon had his first shower this weekend! He was up early on Saturday morning and was in one of those don't you dare put me down moods, so I scooped him up and brought him in with me! Of course he loved it, I swear the child could be a fish. This summer will be fun with the pool :) Today we all went to see Valentine's Day, but we will most definitely be leaving him with someone else the next time we go. A month ago we took him with us and he slept the whole time, only waking up to eat for a few minutes. Totally different story today! Not even five minutes into the movie he was crying and I had to walk out with him, but once I got him calmed down he of course wouldn't let me sit back down. So I stood in the exit hallway and rocked back and forth with him almost the whole movie! At least I still got to watch it, but he's going to have to stay home next time. Haha.


Willow had a good weekend too, we went to PetSmart this morning and got her nails ground down and bought her a bunch of new toys. She has completely destroyed all the ones we've bought her up to this point, and it was time for some new ones. I've always let Willow pick her own toys out, and for some reason they're always stuffed, squeaky, and look like an animal! Today we walked out with a pig, chick, bear, and frog- but she's had a blast!

I hope this week goes more smoothly than last week did, I was exhausted by friday! Poor sweet Jayden had to go to the doctor on Friday and needed antibiotics for a mild ear infection. I'm sure he's feeling better by now, but I have no doubt that he's been spoiled all weekend! Could make for a long Monday.

Tomorrow is the three year anniversary of Rebecca's death. It will be a very hard day for me, it always is, but please keep her family in your prayers. Now that I have a baby of my own I could not imagine what it would be like to lose him. Right now I have a lot left to do before I go to bed, so I'm not even going to let myself be sad yet- tomorrow, however, could be a very different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment