Thursday, February 25, 2010


While Willow is curled up in my lap and Deacon is snoozing in his swing I figured I should use my free time wisely- blog and pig out on chinese food! For those of you who don't know, I'm a complete sucker for some broccoli chicken and an egg roll. But as Scott found out during my prego days, it can't just be ANY broccoli chicken, it HAS to be the kind with the soy sauce- I won't touch the clear stuff! Haha.


Tonight is movie night with our friends Sam and Tyler, we're watching Law Abiding Citizen- can't wait! Sam would have been my twin had I been initiated as an Alpha Chi last year and we became really close. Tyler is Scott's fraternity brother, they were initiated in the same pledge class. We lost touch over the summer and until about a month ago we really didn't talk at all. While I was pregnant with Deacon, Scott and I lost a lot of our really close friendships with people because we had changed so much that our lifestyles didn't mesh anymore. About six weeks ago Sam sent me a message on facebook apologizing for how she had acted and for letting our friendship disappear, and since then we've become close again :) It's been so nice to catch up with her and Tyler, they too are at a point in their lives now where they don't go out and party all the time and really enjoy having "couple friends". So they're coming over tonight! The last time Scott and I triend to watch Law Abiding Citizen we went to see it in the theater when I was 36 weeks pregnant and ended up having to leave halfway through because I went into labor. We were admitted for two days after that night so we never got to finish the movie! Of course we had to buy it for sentimental reasons, and tonight we'll finally get to see how it all unfolds.


My poor sweet Willow is laying here just absolutely pooped! She has had quite the week as you can see from the picture. Willow and Joi are best buds and they follow each other around all day. Joi loves to stand at the top of the stairs and throw Willow's toys down to the first floor for her to get them- they do this for hours every day! Willow's a big helper too as she is a great distraction for the kids, not to mention a guaranteed snuggle buddy. On Tuesday Willow was ambushed by their two HUGE dogs, you can imagine how panicked I was when I heard her yelping and I couldn't do anything to save her! Willow is like my first born child and everyone who is around us knows it, so naturally I was anything but happy about the incident. I've been assured that it won't happen again, but nonetheless I left Willow home yesterday for a "puppy mental health day" :) All day Joi asked where Willow was, and when I got home Willow was SO happy to see me. Today was great and we didn't have any issues, but when Willow spotted the big black dog through the window and heard his bark she curled up into a ball and peed on the floor. My poor baby is terrified! Over my dead body will those dogs get to her again, but I don't think we're going to have anything to worry about very soon.


Deacon has been a busy boy this week too, I think he's going through a growth-spurt again. The last two days all day long he's been eating every hour to hour and a half, barely giving me time to fill up again before he chows down! I keep telling Scott I'm going to need new boobs when he's done with me. Haha. And those eight hours of sleep I had been getting each night are non-existent, this week he's been up every four hours if not more than that. Twice I've given up and just brought him into our bed because I'm so exhausted from getting up and feeding him. I have to admit that I love having him sleep next to me with that sweet chubby little hand clutching my shirt :) I still don't want him to get in the habit of sleeping with us, it's a nasty one to break as I'm finding out with Joi! Plus our bed is Willow's bed too and I want her to have something that hasn't been taken over by the baby. She always cuddles up with him though, if it wasn't so dark I would take a picture of the two of them totally zonked out!


Another hurdle this week has been Deacon's blowouts- can you say GROSS! The first two months he pooped every time he ate, but recently he's been going two or three days and then having some serious diapers the next. On Tuesday Scott had morning poop duty and almost lost his breakfast over it, and in the afternoon we had to change outfits at the kids house when it went all the way up his back. Today he woke himself up from his nap doing his business, and when I picked him up to change him it fell out the bottom of his pants! Ew! There weren't more than five drops in the diaper, he must've been sitting cockeyed in his bouncer because it went all the way down the side of his leg. In the bath he went, and because the spare outfit I had was way too small we had to borrow clothes from the twins. Thanks boys! My mom told me about this solution of 1/2 dawn dishsoap and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide taking out breastmilk stains, so we'll see if it works on the clothes he's messed up this week. How can such a sweet boy make such a yucky mess?! Can't help but love him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment