Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweetheart of Sigma Chi



Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this special day with your loved ones, I know I did. My mom was so sweet and made Scott and I cards from Deacon and sent them to us. And the cute little dog you see with Deacon in the pictures is from Scott's parents. We are so lucky that Deacon has grandparents who love us so much!

Our reception/open-house was last night and we had a blast! I admit that I was nervous about how Deacon was going to act, in the last few weeks he's become very clingy and anxious around large groups of people. He's fine as long as his Mama is holding him, but when everyone else starts grabbing at him and talking really loud he gets scared and starts screaming and turns bright red! Yikes. So needless to say I was interested to see how last night would come together, but he slept most of the time and was a happy camper once he woke up. His Uncle Todd even got to hold him for a good long while when he fell asleep! There was a really good turnout, I think the final count was 61 guests! We felt very loved and are so grateful for the gifts everyone brought. I got to wear my dress again which is always fun, and we had a gorgeous wedding cake that we got to cut (though we chose not to smear it all over each other! haha).

The coolest part of the night was when Scott dropped me and all of his Sigma Chi brothers sang me the Sweetheart Song :) For those of you who think I ended up on the floor, it's actually a Greek Fraternity tradition where a brother gives his girlfriend/fiance/wife a necklace with the ∑X letters on it. Basically, it symbolizes that I belong to a Sigma Chi! Now I get to wear the ∑X letters and I have special privileges that no average girl gets (sorority or not!). It meant a lot to me to have all the guys sing the Sweetheart Song, and since I was never officially initiated as an Alpha Chi Omega because I got pregnant it's nice that I can still wear letters of some kind.

Now it's time to curl up on the couch with Scott and a glass of wine, the PERFECT ending to our Valentine's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment