Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day surprise!


Well, I just ordered the pictures for the Valentines the kids are going to make for their parents tomorrow. We're supposed to get SNOW tomorrow so I need to get them done early in case I don't have work on Friday! Crossing my fingers :) Last week I started my new job, I'm nannying full-time for a family that lives right around the corner- I have four children under the age of two ALL day EVERY day! It's absolute chaos, but I love it. They truly remind me of the Hupps which makes it that much more enjoyable. The twin boys are seven months old (Jaxon and Jayden) and Joi is twenty months old. The boys were preemies so they still can't sit up or anything, which makes for a very long day when three babies all want to be held at the same time! We all have lots of fun though, and Joi is such a big helper. She just started the potty training process yesterday, so last night I went to Wal-Mart and bought her stickers and some M&M's to make it fun for her! It worked with the triplets, we'll see how she does with it haha. Willow went with me today and she had so much fun with the kids! Right when we got home she went to her bed and curled up, she's pooped. It's so nice to have found a wonderful family with boys Deacon's age who let me keep both of my babies with me!

I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do for Scott for Valentine's day yet. Part of me wants to say "we just got married, what else do I need to do?!" but I know I need to put some more effort into it. Especially since last year he went all out and all I did was make dinner! I'll probably do the same this time around, just more romantic and involved if you know what I mean ;) Come to think of it, I need to get back on the Wal-Mart site and order more pictures to make Valentines for the grandparents!

It's still so weird that our parents are called Grandma, Grandpa, Grams, and Big Poppy now.. And I'm MOM! They do adore my sweet Deacon though and I'm SO grateful for that. It was a rough and rocky road while I was pregnant, but now that Deacon is here you would never know that at one time I wondered whether or not he would ever be loved the way that I wanted him to be. Scott's mom Julie is always texting me asking how he is, and his dad Scott has Deacon's picture with his Notre Dame hat on as the background of his computer. My Dad calls Deacon "Big D" and eats up the fact that he looks just like him. It was so sweet to see him comforting Deacon during the wedding, and he very much enjoys when I leave them together for "bonding time" with a bottle and a bag of frozen milk. I have to say though that the way my Mom has taken to Deacon touches me the most. She absolutely eats him up every time she is with him, and I'm sure is secretly praying that we end up moving back to NC after Scott graduates (I can't deny that I'm doing the same thing!). On the way home from our wedding, she told Angela "text Maggie and have her send a picture of Deacon to Dad's phone. If I don't get to see him every day I think I'll DIE." Now she gets daily pictures of him, and earlier sent me an e-mail telling me how in love she is with him. He truly is a very special, very loved little boy!

Though it's not quite nine o'clock, I think I'm about to hit the hay. Deacon was in bed early tonight, for some reason he couldn't get comfortable enough for a solid nap today so he's sacked out. Scott skipped class tonight to sleep, he is on the verge of getting sick from pure exhaustion. And I'm still trying to catch up from last weekend, the fact that I haven't been able to get all four kids to sleep at the same time all week hasn't helped either! Goodnight all, sweet dreams :)

No comments:

Post a Comment