Sunday, May 9, 2010

Deacon's mysterious rash...

After we went to the park I dropped Scott off at the apartment to study for the day and I took the boys back to the house. When I got Deacon out of his seat he had this rash all over his head and face, it popped up in a matter of 15 minutes! Of course I took off all his clothes looking for a bite or sting of some kind and found nothing, but in the process made him mad and the hysterics made the rash brighter and start to spread down his neck, chest, and back.

Day 1 of the rash.



Ok so here's what I know...
- I have given him nothing new to eat in the days prior to the rash.
- I didn't change detergents.
- There is no bite mark or sting, and it's not isolated to where his clothes or anything else would have touched him.
- It gets worse when he is hot or crying.
- He doesn't act uncomfortable or itchy.
- The rash isn't isolated to his armpits, diaper area, or the typical spots you would find heat rash.
- The sores aren't open and don't appear blistery.
- The first few hours of the rash it was just discolored, but now has become raised.
- He didn't have a fever or any indications of illness before the rash showed up.
- At the park he went from his carseat to the stroller to the swing, went down the slide with his Dad once, sat in my lap for a picture, and then we all got back in the car. He didn't lay in the grass or anywhere where anything would have touched him.
- This morning after I got out of the shower it was all over MY face, and down the sides of my neck directly over my tonsils. SO WEIRD! But thankfully now I know Deacon isn't uncomfortable, the only bad thing about it is the way it looks.

ANY IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE?! I'm hoping it's just viral and will go away on its own. Two weekends ago Jayden had to be taken to the ER because his fever spiked suddenly to 104, and even though they found nothing wrong with him, the next day he broke out with a rash that looked exactly like this all over his body. His pediatrician said it was just the result of a virus, but Deacon hasn't had anything! So I'm stumped...

Day 2 of the rash. I know these aren't the best pictures, but Deacon refused to hold still! You know how it is when you have a naked baby that just wants to wiggle and enjoy being free... Not an ideal photo opportunity!





No comments:

Post a Comment