Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ten For Tuesday.

10 major topics of conversation in the Hensley house this past week have been...

1. Well right now Scott and I randomly just started talking about Sex and the City and what a "doucher" Big is. HAHA! Not only was I completely unaware that my husband had ever watched the show, but apparently he watched it alone at 3 in the morning a couple of times! Oh my. He also remembers their names, what happened in the episodes, and now wants to watch the movie to see what all he's missed since those couple of episodes. This could be interesting! Hahahaa!



2. Scott has a big audit tomorrow and is under a lot of pressure at work. His job isn't usually very demanding, but when it comes to impressing those higher up in the company Scott gets incredibly anxious. Say a quick prayer for him tomorrow if you remember! :)

3. Today Joi and I were watching Animal Cops Pheonix during our girl time- all day anytime I would change the channel away from Animal Planet she would start crying, otherwise I wouldn't usually let her watch it. Of course I was almost in tears by the end of the show, I can't stand to see the way some people treat their animals. I know I'm at the other end of the spectrum and consider Willow my child, but come on people! This one guy didn't want to pay to have his cat declawed so he tied rubberbands around its front paws so that they would drop off. Really?! How can people be so cruel? Makes me SICK.



4. For the last couple of days Scott and I have been watching a lot of HGTV and it's making us even more anxious to finally be in a place where we are able to buy a house. It's all so exciting! Now we just have to be patient and wait for him to finish school so we can figure out exactly where we need to go from here... And it had better be somewhere other than where we're at now!

5. Deacon has the other bottom tooth popping through at the moment and it's making him one cranky baby! I'll be SO glad when it's finally through, he always goes through 2 or 3 terrible days when his teeth are poking through the skin... Come on little tooth, Mama needs a break!

6. This past Saturday we all went to Petco to the Legacy Boxer Rescue event where they showcased some of their boxers that are up for adoption. The sweet white puppy that I'm absolutely IN LOVE with was there, and she was even cuter in person! The day after I posted her picture last week I got an email from someone at LBR that said they wouldn't be able to give her to us because we already have a female dog and they have a strict policy against placing two females in the same home. At the event however, we were told that sometimes they will make an exception if the dogs are two different breeds so I'm really hoping we can be one of those cases! I can't even begin to describe how sweet this puppy is, I would LOVE to be her Mama :)



7. Speaking of our rescue operation... Why do I always seem to get myself into situations that require an insane amount of patience? I do this all the time and I can't figure out why, especially since I know that patience is NOT one of my virtues! I could very easily go on Craigs List, find a backyard breeder, pay a couple hundred dollars for a puppy, bring him home that night, and be done with the whole process. But nooooo, I've become hellbent on rescuing a puppy and it's a situation that I have absolutely no control of! We had to fill out an invasive application, they called our landlord and vet, and now we're waiting for a home visit. THEN we have to meet with an adoption counselor and then hopefully get matched with the perfect puppy for us. I'm trying so hard to be patient and wait for them to schedule our visit and help us find a brother or sister for Willow, but I want it to happen NOW! It's times like these that Psalm 46:10 makes me feel at ease, if only for a second... Be still and know that I am God. Patience Maggie, patience!



8. Willow has been a VERY good girl lately, I've been trying to teach her lots of new tricks and she's been doing SO well! The white puppy I'm so smitten with is deaf and can read lips and responds to sign language, so I've been working on attaching each command with a sign- I figured it would make things easier whether we end up with a deaf puppy or not! This week she has learned to wait, stay, roll over, and dance. What a good Wulluh-head! :)

9. Saturday night Scott and I went to our friends wedding, and it was gorgeous! I used to work with Ashlyn at Childrens, and Scott and her now husband Nick have become fast friends since he moved here a couple of months ago. Nick used to live very close to where Scott went to college his freshman year in Colorado... Small world! I remember when the two of them met, I can't believe they are married now. SO happy for the two of them, they're both such great people and they make an incredible couple! Can't wait to see what the future holds for the two of them, I've been told twins runs in both sides of the family ;)



10. "Da-da-da-da-daaaa-DA-dada-da" is Deacon's new thing, it's precious! I love watching his little mouth move and to hear the sweet sounds that come out of it, even if he isn't saying mama as much as he does dada. Sweet baby boy! Deac has become such a little man, I can hardly believe that he's six months old. Like I said he's got his third tooth coming in, he can sit up like a pro, he wants to crawl and move around so badly, and now his hair is growing in thicker than ever! I don't think I've given him anything to eat that he hasn't loved, and he still very much enjoys nursing (so do I!). I love watching my baby boy grow up, every day is a new and exciting adventure. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment